1. Though I am in no way a heat-loving person, I went out of my way not to complain about the 90s when they visited in July, because they're good for a beach day, and also it gets quite cold here and we try and stockpile sunshine while we can. Anyway, apparently I was so welcoming in July that the good old 90s are back this week! Woo!
2. Yesterday we celebrated with a late afternoon at the beach. Two hours of Alla trying to catch a fish.
3. Today we celebrated summer's heat with our first trip to Como Pool. The pool has a way-cool zipline that Alla got up the nerve to try three times!
4. Two weeks from now we enter school mode. I'm not thinking about it.
5. The kids won a gift card to Creative Kidstuff last week so I think we might take a break from being in the heat tomorrow and venture over to pick it up and spend it. Alla had her eye on a fairy cape, and I'm sure Fisher will find a Lego set of some sort.
6. This weekend is the State Fair!
7. It's still supposed to be in the 90s!
8. Alla has embraced The Mysterious Benedict Society series, and as she's now on the second book, I am reading the first. Definitely for Harry Potter lovers.
9. From the Famer's Market today: rainbow carrots, three-color green beans, cucumbers, and big tomatoes. I only grow the cherry variety in our garden, and now I'm thinking some bacon is in order!
10. Had this delightful summer meal tonight: zucchini and corn taco seasoned quinoa - a favorite of mine and Ron's, and edible for the kids - win!