Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Ten on Tuesday.

(dusting off keyboard)

It's been too long, but there is something to be said for a break. Also Life proceeded whilst I was away from the keyboard, which means there's loads of back material there. Maybe that's the ticket. Just step away for awhile, live life, take pictures, come back and play catch up. I'll think it over, and in the meantime we'll just start 2015 nice and easy with a traditional Ten on Tuesday.

1. It's cold here. Thankfully Ron got me the perfect Christmas gift (from Etsy!), my very own Snock. Don't laugh, I'm toasty.

2. Due to the arctic temperatures, my skin is dry as a desert. Currently on the lookout for a new moisturizer that will make me look less like a crocodile. I wonder when companies formulate moisturizers for 'dry skin' if they really know what dry skin in a Minnesota winter looks like.

3. Over the Christmas break we watched season 1 of the wonderfully British Happy Valley. Highly recommend.

4. I also read two wonderful books, A Man Called Ove and The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. Both highly recommend.

5. I believe my holiday photos are still on my camera, due mostly to #3 and #4.

6. Over the two-week break from school, I was rarely asleep before eleven (see #4), and rarely awake before eight. Consequently yesterday morning was quite a shock.

7. We saw two movies, Annie and Into the Woods. Rent the former, GO SEE THE LATTER. Soon.

8. Appetizers in front of a movie (Elf) on Christmas Eve works out very well.

9. One thing I love about December is the onslaught of Best of booklists. One thing I love about January is the forthcoming Newbery and other medals, so I can add even more books to my list for this year, which reminds me that my own Best Books list is forthcoming.

10. As I type this the temperature sits at three above and the windchill hovers at seventeen below, and I am hoping that our school district will close tomorrow and we can have a day at home to do, oh, all the random wonderful stuff we did for the last two weeks.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I am always happy to read your blog--mine turns ten in March (!!). Wasn't Man Called Ove wonderful? You need DHC Skincare stuff. The Extra Moisture for Everyone's Skin at night, and Rich Moisture during the day. And maybe some Concentrated Eye Cream. It is THE BEST, and I can say that having used it for the 15 years we lived in Montana, Wyoming, and Colorado where not only does the wind know how to blow at 60+ mph, but the temperature knows how to dip below -25º too. : )

Holliday Family said...

Happy valley was great and if you enjoyed that, you'd probably enjoy Broadchurch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2249364/. It has a difficult subject matter but is brilliantly scripted and acted. It was huge over here

linkwithin

linkwithin