Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Ten on Tuesday.


1. I'm sitting here editing pics from way back in the hot days of August, and came across this gem, which makes me so happy and almost warm. But I'm not sure if just this picture will do the trick come Sunday when the high before wind chill is supposed to be right around zero. Glad I'm not a football fan heading out to the Vikings game. Brrrr.

2. We had a delightful two-week break with everyone home doing lots of nothing. I can count the number of times the kids got in the car on one hand, maybe just a few fingers. We really did a lot of nothing. Reading books, cooking, eating, playing lots of Uno and Exploding Kittens, watching movies, snowshoeing. Like summer but with snow.

3. We did all get out one time together and that was to see STAR WARS, which was super wonderful and we all might want to go see it again.

4. Currently reading to the kids: Nanny Piggins, which is laugh out loud funny. Ron is currently reading Percy Jackson to them.

5. Currently reading to myself: All-American Boys, which at only halfway through I can say is a must-read.

6. Ron and I binge-watched Narcos and the first season of Fargo over the Christmas break.

7. On the horizon for this month: Science Fair. Just about my least favorite school activity there is, so if you have any fantastic ideas feel free to shoot them my way. I'll then find a way to make it seem like the kids came up with them on their own.

8. I'm about to head out for a run and it's about 25, so I'm going to appreciate the warmth before next week when I have to remember what single-digit running is like.

9. I finished my Project 365 on December 31st! It will probably take me all of 2016 to get all those pictures re-sized, edited and made into a book, but I did it!

10. I took on that project for a single year, knowing I would not be likely to continue or repeat it. (It's a lot of work.) But I happened upon a new project for this year: 1 Second Everyday, an app that allows you to take a video everyday, snip it into a 1-second bit, and then puts it all together for you at the end of the year. So excited for this!


1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Project 365 is not an every year kind of thing... thinking I need to get back to that one in 2017. We almost had that kind of break, but peppered with emergency new car shopping, knee surgery, dog stitches, and a computer crash. But we did stay in our jammies a lot in between those things : )

linkwithin

linkwithin