Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Ten on Tuesday.


1. This picture. Found while editing 2015 - I've advanced to September. The glow of late summer.

2. Today we had our lower level bath demolished in order to start the process of gaining a master suite for us and separate rooms for the kiddos. Bittersweet, but there's still months of work ahead for them to start hating each other, which would make splitting them up easier. They've shared a room since Fisher was 11 weeks old, so...

3. Finished Everything, Everything, which I'm going to recommend wholeheartedly.

4. Planning to start a nonfiction book next, a parenting book to be more specific, and generally in 2016 knock out more of the books I keep putting off, or have borrowed, or already have on my to-read list. It's a different approach for me, not having a bunch of books scheduled on request from the library, waiting til I finish one to pick out the next. It's working so far.

5. Temperature got up to eight degrees today, at which point I suited up and headed out for a quick run, two 1.4 mile laps close to home, during the last of which I was joined by Alla on rollerblades. Never seen a kid on rollerblades in snow clothes?

6. Got to see our favorite Okee Dokee Brothers over the weekend at a local high school!

7. Despite the chilly temps, it's been sunny for going on 4 days straight. This is more than a consolation prize.

8. Kids are currently listening to Daddy read Percy Jackson, painting, and eating chocolate chips and marshmallows, their treat of choice.

9. Ron and I got out for a chilly date night this weekend, courtesy of Nana + Pappi! We had a lovely dinner at Wise Acre and then got to see The Revenant! (We did the early bird dinner to hit up such a long movie and still be home before 10:30, I need my sleep.)

10. We got on the bandwagon and started Making a Murderer.

No comments:

linkwithin

linkwithin